Cant add checklist to automated task

Daniel Bermudez April 26, 2024

Hello, I'm trying to set up an automation to create a ticket every day at 8 am. The issue is that I want this ticket to be created with a specific checklist, but when I try to add it, I get this error when the automation runs:

image.png

image.png

I've already checked the permissions and the project fields, and everything seems fine. Any solutions?

The error says that the field was ignores because its missing in the field configuration of the project, but its not, this is the field configuration of the project:

image.png

3 answers

0 votes
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2024

@Daniel Bermudez 

It looks like you're using one of our apps (Issue Checklist Free, Pro or Checklist for Jira | Enterprise).

To be able to set Checklists during a Create issue action, you'd have to add the Checklist Text field to the Issue Create screen for that project.

This is less than ideal as the field is not one that is intended for manual input. That's why we recommend creating an issue first and then editing the Checklist Text field on the Created issue branch.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further guidance.

Cheers!

0 votes
Adaeze_Jude_HEROCODERS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2024

Hello @Daniel Bermudez

I am Adaeze with the Issue Checklist Team from HeroCoders. It seems from your screenshot that you are using our app.

Since the error says the field was ignored, this means that the Checklist Text custom field is missing on the Create issue screen.

It is required to have this custom field added to the create screen to add a Checklist at create.

Also, to apply the Checklist using automation, you need to make sure you have the sync feature turned on.

To do this navigate to Jira setting > Apps > Issue Checklist PRO/Checklist for Jira|Enterprise - Global setting and turn on the Save local checklist items to Jira custom fields option.

as shown:

chrome_ZYDqI6Mzb6.png

If you need further help, please reach out to us here.

Daniel Bermudez May 2, 2024

Hello, yes it is the Issue Checklist Pro !

But I already have that opton acivated on my instance and the custom field added to the creation screen:

image.png

But I keep having this issue:

image.png

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2024

Hi @Daniel Bermudez

Using the Checklist Text (view-only) field in your automation rule is not going to help you - the field only represents the state of your checklist and cannot be used to change the checklist.

You need to only edit the Checklist Text field. Judging by the audit log screenshot, the checklist was likely successfully edited as there is no error related to that field in the log.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, I recommend creating a ticket using our service portal. You can also just schedule a meeting with me so we sort this out together.

Cheers!

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2024

Hi @Daniel Bermudez 

Which checklist addon app are you using from the marketplace?

The specifics for that app will influence how to do this, or if it is even possible.  I recall several of the apps have documentation on their marketplace pages explaining the use with automation rules.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events