Cannot site import with no users or groups

Mike Cavalieri June 7, 2021

I am trying to migrate Jira Software and Service Desk from 81.5 to Cloud, therefore, I must use Site Import, as recommended, to import the Service Desk projects.

I have external directories.

I used CMT to migrate only Users and Groups from Jira Software 8.15 to Cloud. No projects where migrated.

I performed a backup.

I am trying to restore only projects and I have chosen the "I've migrated user data using the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant" option. 

I removed all users and groups from the Entities.xm file via the following commands:

sed -i '' '/<User id="/d' entities.xml

sed -i '' '/<Group id="/d' entities.xml

sed -i '' '/<Membership id="/d' entities.xml

sed -i '' '/<GroupAttribute id="/d' entities.xml

I have confirmed the lines are gone.

I receive the following error:

"There was an error importing file Archive.zip. Following issues were reported:
We have detected users from external directories."

There are no users or groups in this file.

Where is Restore still finding external Users? I cannot proceed with testing until this is resolved. How can I get Restore to ignore Users and Groups‽ 

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Hi @Mike Cavalieri ,

Have you checked the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant guide?

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/use-the-jira-cloud-migration-assistant-to-migrate/

If that doesn't work, maybe a support ticket can be created (https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/)

Mike Cavalieri June 8, 2021

Yes, I have referenced the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant guide often, but I cannot use the CMT for Projects because I am importing both Jira Software and Service Management (Desk) into a Cloud instance.

I have also tried to create a Support Ticket, but the SEN is for Standard and does not offer me support.

Suggest an answer