Cannot remove gmail app extension atlassian

Hans Buis November 3, 2022

Hi,

So I have this weird situation, I once had installed an atlassian app for connecting withing my gmail.

My workflow would be to link an email to a ticket or create a new ticket. Worked like a charm. However I don't want to use the app anymore, so I removed it. 

When I go to the app marketplace in admin of google workspace, it says there are no more apps installed. 

I checked my Chrome as well, thought it might be an extension, but there is none. For the sake I used Safari and Firefox as well to rule out the extension option and I can still see the blue button there too.

Which blue button? This one:

https://monosnap.com/file/TxOCbkbZZWf14DpPFZBWZmh2wgo00z

I have several users in Workspace, and checked them too. On those accounts there is no such button. It's only on my account. 

I've contacted Google Workspace support and though he checked everything I already did he ended up saying I need to go to Atlassian.

So somewhere, somehow there is still a link active. I cannot de-install it again, because I cannot list it as being installed. 

Perhaps I can install it again, and de-install it, but I cannot find it anymore (?). 

It kinda looked like this from the screenshots:

https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/gtj_jira_connector/597723492956

But this is another app name.

After digging around it was: "Atlassian Cloud for Gmail" on https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/atlassian_cloud/689852235462

Jeah, that URL does not work :/

So.. anyone who can help me? Totally getting annoyed here.. :)

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2022

@Hans Buis We deprecated the app, so you will not be able to see it in the Atlassian marketplace and then it took a couple days for it to sync and be removed from the Google app listing. 

I'm having my engineers look into why you would still be seeing the icon and if there is anything to do on our end. Thanks for your patience!

Hans Buis November 8, 2022

Hi Tyrggr, 

Thanks for your time and reply, it would be great to see that icon gone. Google Workspace is also on the case but they refer to you as your are the maker of the product. 

Hope we can tick it of pretty quickly.

Hans

Hans Buis November 23, 2022

Hi,

Did you find a solution? It's so frustrating I cannot control my own gmail visuals. 

Hans

I got a tip from 3rd line Google Workspace support, I found out there where 2 business identies on my company name.

One with all lower capital letters and one with the first in capital. It seemed the workspace connection was made on the the last, I disconnected this auth and now.. the icon is gone. 

Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2022

@Hans Buis There was a bug and we worked with Google to get it removed. Sounds like the icon is gone and you should no longer see the app, correct?

Yes, it's gone! I thought it was the namespace doubling, but hell, I'm happy. Great you took the time for this one, happy camper here. Could not live with that icon being there and not be able to remove it :)

Like Tygrr DosRemedios likes this
Tygrr DosRemedios
Atlassian Team
November 23, 2022

@Hans Buis Glad to hear it! Thanks for your patience while we worked through this.

0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2022

Hi,

Add-on Atlassian Cloud ceased to function as of November 1, 2022.

It is no longer available.

Previously Atlassian team announced this in article  .

Hans Buis November 7, 2022

Grmbl, thanks for the feedback. Hope someone can still point me in the right direction how to uninstall that icon though..

0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 4, 2022

Hi, @Hans Buis 

If you have domain install, you must do such steps:

1. Go to : https://admin.google.com/ac/home

2. Select menu item "App"

3. Then, "App List" - "Atlassian Cloud"

4. First of all press "Revoke Access"

5. Then "Uninstall app"

That's all, try this way )

unin 1.pngunin 2.pngunin 3.pngunin 4.png

Hans Buis November 5, 2022

Hi,

Thanks for your answer and time. 

However, I don’t have Atlassian Cloud under apps. It’s just not there, I looked there myself before posting this.

I cannot install it again too, the app seems to be gone? Can you find it?

Hans

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events