Cannot find atlassian application

Aleksey Malyshev April 21, 2021

About a year ago we created and published an application called testRigor on Jira marketplace. We use this application to create issues on Jira. A few days ago it stopped working. Now the user receives authorization error when trying to create a ticket. Furthermore - I was not able to find that application. If I remember correctly previously it was available under Settings -> Apps -> Manage Apps. But it is no longer there. I have two questions actually:

1) What changes happened in jira api recently that caused our application to stop working?

2) Why our application is not available anymore?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

Was this for Server (or DC), or Cloud?

I am sorry, I do not understand the question. The application is for Jira API.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

All apps are "for Jira API"

When you create an app for an Atlassian application and add it to the marketplace, you have four things to target:

• Server
  • Data Centre
  • Cloud
  • Something that runs elsewhere but talks to one or more of the above

You can build for any number of those, but to muddle it a bit, Server and DC apps can be exactly the same, and they use the same framework, so there's arguably only three.

But because the three frameworks are so different, there's three completely different reasons you might be seeing what you are.  To explain why you have lost what you have without an essay full of caveats that we don't have space to write here, we need to know what you coded for.

Was testRigor written for Cloud, Server(DC), or is it a standalone that talks to Jira?

Yes, this is a web application not related to Jira. I created an Application description somewhere on Jira and now authorization stopped working and I cannot find it. I actually think it disappeared. Probably some issue with Jira.

Suggest an answer