Cannot export the results of a Scriptrunner Enhanced Search?

John Carson September 23, 2020

In Jira server I can call scriptrunner functions in the normal Jira advanced querying, which then allows me to leverage normal query result export options (CSV, HTML, etc.)

In Jira Cloud, I can only call scriptrunner functions in the "Scriptrunner Enhanced Search" and there is no way to export the results of that query out to a format like CSV. This seems like a huge limitation and regression from Server functionality. Am I missing something?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2020

Hi John,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that it is not possible to export out the results of filters on the ScriptRunner Enhanced Search page as we do not provide this functionality currently.

However, I can confirm that the way the Enhanced Search feature works is that when you create and save the filter on the enhanced search page that it creates a copy of the filter with the same name on the standard Jira filters page which can be viewed at the URL of <JiraBasrURL>/secure/ManageFilters.jspa?searchName=&Search=Search&filterView=search

It then maintains this filter to store a list of all of the issue keys that are returned by the enhanced search filter and you will be be able to view the filter on the standard Jira filters page and will be able to export the results of the filter out to the format that you require on this page.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

John Carson September 23, 2020

Fantastic. Thank you for this solution.

Like # people like this
Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2021

@Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_ 

Can you confirm that the standard Jira filter that is created is a static, one-time thing? I was hoping to add this specific filter to a dashboard I'm making to help my POs keep their epics up to date but I can't find a way to dynamically keep the filter on the dashboard updated. 

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2021

Hi Kathy,

I can confirm the standard Jira filter is synchronised to be kept up to date with the results of the enhanced search filter every X minutes depending on the time period configured on the settings page.

You can see more details of how this works inside the documentation page located here.

Regards,

Kristian

Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_

I presume this functionality not existing is still the case. It would be great to know if you are planning this to be released. In the meantime we will use your workaround.

Thanks for the post,

Dan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events