Cannot create a task in Epic.

Service Desk Italarchivi October 1, 2020

Hello.

We are having a problem on the button dedicated to creating a task within an epic.
Once the button shown in the picture below is clicked, the task is opened in a different dialog and it is created as a "stand alone" one.

image.png

Is this a configuration issue or a known bug still not solved ? 
We could not find any information around the forum.

Kind regards.

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2022

@Service Desk Italarchivi  - Any update to this? 

0 votes
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

Are there any required fields for the Task issue type?

Hello Kristin.
Yes, we set two custom fields as "required".

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2020

That is most likely the reason you are encountering this problem.  On the screen for Tasks, you can add the Epic Link field and then you can link the existing Task to an existing Epic.

Dhruvin Patel June 21, 2022

@Kristin Lyons I was creating Story under Epic thru workflow post functions and it almost took 3 days for me realize that my Story also has some required fields and that has to be defined in post functions only.

Thanks!

Like Kristin Lyons likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2020

Hi @Service Desk Italarchivi  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am not able to reproduce the problem. Can you give us some more information? What type of project is it? Next-gen? Classic Software? Business? 

And what view are you using? Old Jira Issue View? New Jira Issue View? 

Hello John.
Thank you for your prompt response.
We are having this problem when using classic software Kanban project and we have been experiencing this problem since the beginning of this week.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2020

I cannot reproduce the problem in that scenario either. I would go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events