Cannot add Context to Description Field, Project Not Visible

Juanma Castilla March 20, 2023

Hi

I cannot select one of our Projects when creating a new context for the Description Field. I am able to define the Issue Type (Story) however whenever I look for the Project, it is not showing up. 

When clicking on All Projects, it is not showing me the desired project.

Any ideas why this would be happening? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Juanma Castilla March 21, 2023

As a heads up, the problem was with Jira not populating the whole list of projects. A Technical bug has been raised with Atlassian about this

Thanks!

Mike Cowan June 12, 2023

Did you get a timeline on the fix and is there a link to where Atlassian documents this particular bug/issue? I am experiencing the same issue, when I attempt to create a New Context, the field for Project is maybe 1/3 of all the active projects.

Allan Gandelman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2023

Hello, the bug for this issue is https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-74940
Jira 9.7.0 contains the fix :)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The description, as a system field, does not have a context like custom fields do.  It automatically exists for all issues and projects.

What are you trying to achieve by working with a system field context?

0 votes
David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2023

Hi @Juanma Castilla

Please note that when choosing the projects you´ll be shown the project´s names so I would suggest to search via text in your browser (Ctrl-F  for example) for the name of the project.

Usually all projects are shown unless they already have a context, in which case, you´d need to see the context page for that custom field and look for the project name and check if it already has another context configured.

Hopefully this answers your question,

David
ServiceRocket

Juanma Castilla March 21, 2023

Thanks @David Freitez !

It's strange because I haven't configured any context for that very project yet. I did create one specific context for another project and then I wanted to take advantage of it and create another context for a different project.

I've looked for the project ID and the project name but it doesn't come up.

Double checked that there is no context, nor a default value for that system field within the project

Thanks!

Suggest an answer