Cannot Create Shared Board in Location From JQL Filter

Jason Tesser August 14, 2019

I am on Jira Cloud

I need a Scrum board ie.. DevOps Sprint Board which is built from a JQL Query. 

I know how to do this BUT the problem is when I create a Board it wants me to select a location.  I can ONLY select my personal location. 

I am a Jira Admin FWIW 

The board needs to be shared and built from a custom query/filter. 

Not sure how to do this. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2019

@Jason Tesser - If you create board from the "View All Boards" dialog then it's a personal board.  If you do it in the context of administering a project then it is associated with the project.  Check out this warning in the Atlassian docs.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

I suspect you are on a business or similar project not a software project. This is per design unfortunately. So you have to select your location (profile) and share the board w/ "any logged in user" or some group as desired. You can then add a shortcut to your project page via "Add item" in the sidebar.

Suggest an answer