Can you upgrade Jira Cloud Standard plan to Premium for a trial period?

Ori Menashe January 25, 2021

I would like to evaluate Jira Premium on our production instance in the cloud without any additional charge. We currently have the Standard plan.
I know I can try Premium features for free on a newly created site, but I haven't found the option to do it on an existing one.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Received an answer from Atlassian's customer service:

"Yes, you can do that. To start your trial, please follow the below steps:

1. Login to your cloud site
  2. Choose Settings() > Billing > Manage subscriptions
  3. Choose Change next to your plan name

You can try our Premium plan at no extra cost for the remainder of your current and next billing cycles, and cancel any time during the trial if you don't want to proceed." 
-- Ben Krech

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Ori Menashe , 

you can change your standard plan to a Premium trial, even if it's not a new site. You would need to go to admin.atlassian.net and go to SUBSCRIPTIONS & BILLING then Manage Subscription. On this screen you have a "Change" button next to "standard plan" where you can then select Premium.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Thanks @Alexis Robert , I wasn't sure if/when I'll be charged after an upgrade.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Ori Menashe , 

it should say on "Manage Subscriptions" when the trial end date is !

Jeff Doyle January 27, 2021

Great - I was just about to ask the same.  Maybe it could be clearer that you can do this - I had the same feelings as Ori

Like xoyk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events