Can you add an upload/attachment field to a Jira Form?

Lesley Heizman October 27, 2022

When creating a form that is associated to a Jira software project, is there a way to include a field in the form where the user can upload files/etc. as part of the form? I created a form that works very nicely to route requests from our customer success team into a jira software project, but I would love the capability to add an attachment to upload screenshots or excel documents etc. and can't seem to figure out how to do this.

I've looked through the IT templates/etc.  when building the form itself. 

Or, looking suggestions on what people have tried/done instead if not possible!

3 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2022

Hi Lesley,

You can add the Attachment field to the Request Type form until a better solution comes up. This will place the Attachment field at the top of the screen, and then the Form will load after that. 

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 30, 2022

Hi, @Lesley Heizman !

As an alternative, I suggest you try out the Smart Jira Forms add-on, that was developed by the SaaSJet team.

Use the Attachment form element to upload files/screenshots

image.png

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2022

Currently you cannot add attachments to a Form, that is something that Atlassian is working on and according to the public roadmap you should see this coming soon, it's scheduled for Q4 2022.

Jeff Roncone May 2, 2023

@Mikael Sandberg  is there  an updated date on this request? 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2023

If you check the public roadmap you can see that this has been pushed, and is now scheduled for Q2 2023.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events