Can we make the toolbar always visible when adding comments to jira issues?

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2020

I am using the next-gen project style here. When I add comments the toolbar does not stay visible. This makes it difficult because I have to keep scrolling to the top to set something.

Is it possible to keep it visible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2020

One alternative is to use Jira Cloud for Mac:

Screenshot 2020-12-27 at 09.53.28.pngAs you can see, the toolbar is at the bottom and always visible. Although saldly,  you can't make that edit view taller. But not to worry!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2020

which toolbar are you speaking of. There isn’t a way to freeze part of the screen. 

ChuckieAJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2020

This one:

toolbar.jpg

It really should be floating at the top and not stuck to the top because it goes off screen. Ideally it should behave much like the TinyMCE toolbar that remains visible at all times.

I would have thought some CSS styling and minor HTML layout changes would rectify that. This is the only difficulty I have been having with the toolbar. Otherwise it is great!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2020

Ah yes. Unfortunate that cannot be configured. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events