Can the IDs of the Story Point and Sprint custom fields vary for different projects and workspac

Melih Kizmaz April 5, 2023

Dear Atlassian community,

I am struggling to understand some aspects of custom fields and would appreciate your help. Specifically, I have the following questions:

• Can the "Story Point" and "Estimated Story Point" fields have different IDs in different projects, or are their IDs fixed across all projects?
  • What does it mean for a custom field to be locked? Is this related to the fixed ID of the custom field?
  • Where can I access the list of custom fields with fixed IDs, if any exist?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

• Not unless you create more of them and add them to projects separately
  • It means admins cannot change certain aspects of its configuration (because to do so would break it).  It is nothing to do with the ID.
  • There is no fixed ID for custom fields.  The only time you'll find a common ID is when you've installed two new clean Jira systems on similar versions, and they've adopted the same "default" numbers because they're clean.  That even applies to Cloud - if you subscribe to Jira Work Management now, then add some custom fields, then subscribe to Software, you'll get different IDs to someone who subscribes to Software after you added your custom fields.
Melih Kizmaz April 5, 2023

First of all, thank you very much for your answer. Actually want to be sure about something: is there a common ID or point for "Story Points" in all Jira projects (not just mine, but all Jira projects), or should we ask clients to map these fields?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

As I said in the third bullet point.

Like Melih Kizmaz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders