Can't published a workflow

Theya Evangelista
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2020

Trying to publish a workflow so i can edit it.. but it seems  it always returned to be unpublished work flow.

pic 1.PNGpic 2.PNGpic 3.PNGpic 2.PNG

3 answers

0 votes
Mayuri Sathe December 17, 2020

Hi,

I cannot see the option to publish workflow.

I did the below steps - 

1. Created a new workflow scheme

2. Created a new workflow

However, the newly created workflow remains in 'Inactive' Status

Please help resolve this issue.

Regards,

Mayuri

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Hi Mayuri - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First, it is always better to post a brand new question than to add a question to an existing post, because only the couple of people on the post will see it versus dozens otherwise.

Workflows remain in an inactive status until the workflow scheme they are attached to are linked to a project. That's what makes the workflow (and the scheme) active. 

Thanks for your response! 

So by default a workflow got linked to my project. Now I've created a new workflow scheme and a new workflow. How do I deassociate the old workflow and link the new one?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Go to Project Settings for the Project

Then Workflows

Then click on the Switch Scheme button and select the new Workflow Scheme. 

@John Funk - Thanks a lot for your help! This worked for me.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2020

Hi Theya - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

It's hard to tell what you are encountering. Can you give us a step by step what you are doing and what it is showing?

0 votes
Theya Evangelista
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2020

Tried restarting my login. but still encountering the same

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events