Can't permanently delete a project from trash

Idan Klein February 28, 2021

Hi all :)

I deleted a project from jira and waited for its time in the trash to pass and be permanently deleted.

Since it expired and was supposed to be permanently deleted, I get an email every day stating "Could not permanently delete the project" with the message:

We couldn't delete this project.

It's probably a temporary problem. Go to trash and try again.

This does not seem like a temporary problem since it's happening for a month now. I tried to actively delete the project from trash, but still got the same response.

Any idea what can be the problem and how to fix it?

Thank you,

Idan

2 answers

0 votes
Piotr CHMIELEWSKI July 9, 2021

Any progress on this issue since February? I am having it right now (July). It'as a double issue actually: 

1. I can send a project to Trash, but cannot delete it permanently: "We couldn't delete this project. It's probably a temporary problem. Go to trash and try again."

2. If I restore the project from Trash, I can see it on the "Projects" list, but I can't access it: when I click on the project, I get "This project isn't available. It may have been deleted or your permissions may have changed. View a list of all projects" (I am a global admin)

Logging out and clearing cache didn't help. 

This is critical, it makes Jira Cloud unusable in our company.  

Thank you in advance for a quick fix.

Idan Klein August 8, 2021

Hi Piotr,

The issue was resolved through JIRA support team - as suggested above I opened a support ticket and got the help I needed.

Piotr CHMIELEWSKI August 23, 2021

I did the same, thank you 👍

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2021

Hi Idan,

I would go ahead and open a support ticket with Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2021

Actually, you might try this first:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/I-can-t-delete-permanently-a-project-from-the-trash-Why/qaq-p/1366826

Log out, clear cache and go back in basically. 

Idan Klein March 1, 2021

Thanks John!

I tried this solution but it didn't help - I still got the email that the project wasn't deleted.

I'll open a support ticket.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events