Can't move widgets in dashboard

Lior Avni July 19, 2021

Hi

I'm using customer charts for Jira plugin in our Jira cloud.

It's a good replacement for rich filters. 

The problem - I created a dashboard and when I try to move widgets around, they keep popping back to their original location.

How can I edit the widgets location and size? 

In Jira server I could just edit the dashboard, resize and replace the widgets and that was it. what am I missing here?

Thanks

Lior

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Can you show us the layout configuration for your board with an image of the screen when you click the Change Layout button in the upper right?

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 10.35.30 AM.png

And can you provide a video or other mockup that shows the location of your gadgets and how you are trying to move your gadgets, from where and to where?

Lior Avni July 19, 2021

Hi Trudy

The problem is not the layout. the problem is that regardless of the layout, I can't move the widgets from their assigned locations, or change their size in any way, shape or form. I can't drag them across the dashboard (which is something I was able to in Jira server).

I'm afraid I can't post a video as this is not information I can disclose here.

Is this a Jira cloud limitation?

Thank you

Lior

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Hello Lior,

This is not a limitation of Jira Cloud. I am able to drag widgets to different locations on my board without any problems. That is why I was interested in see a video of your issue.

Does this happen with all dashboards for you?

Does it happen for all users of your Jira instance?

Have you tried it in a different browser?

What were you able to do in Jira Server to resize the widgets? I have not found a way to resize other than changing the layout, which resizes the widgets automatically to fit in the new layout, or to use the minimize and maximize buttons on each widget.

Penny Weartz February 15, 2022

We seeing the same issue in our cloud instance. Has there been a resolution?

Moshe Mayzlesh February 8, 2023

Facing the same issue as well. Jira Cloud.

Any update?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2023

Users experiencing this problem on paid Jira subscriptions need to have their Jira Administrators report it directly to Atlassian Support after confirming the following:

- user has tried clearing browser cache, cookies, and history

- user has tried other browser apps

- problem happens to other users of the same environment.

Suggest an answer