Can't move my stories up or down in the backlog anymore

Eric Gilbert March 19, 2020

Since today, nobody, even site administrator can't drag and drop (up and down) items in the backlog.

We can use the features move to top and move to bottom but can't drag items anymore.

Never had this probleme before today.

Thanx!

7 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Vogel March 21, 2020
0 votes
Answer accepted
Barbara Shallow March 19, 2020

I too am having this issue, as are a few others that I am working with.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2020

What type of project is it?

They are all next gen projects.

How can I switch my project to Classical project. I am more used to work with the classic interfcace.

Thanx all!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2020

You can't just "switch" them over as such. You would have to create a new Classic project and then Move all of your issues to the new project. 

So those that are trying to rearrange tickets in the backlog are all admins, including myself. I also looked at under project settings to look for associated filters and did not find anything. Should I be looking somewhere else? 

Like # people like this
Dmitry Razumikhin March 20, 2020

I have a same issue. Seems to be bug/regression.

Thomas March 20, 2020

Same issue here. Cannot rearrange items in backlog of next-gen projects anymore.

I have the Admin role.

Like Eric Gilbert likes this
software March 20, 2020

I have the same issue. I created a next-gen project and then I moved all issues previously on a jira server project (after a backup restore) to the next-gen project, backlog seems to be freezed now.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2020

I have created a support ticket with Atlassian and will let you know what they say. 

Like # people like this
jonathanmerlos March 20, 2020

Same issue since yesterday

Chris Leonard March 21, 2020

Same issue, next gen project, cannot rearrange backlog.  This started on Friday 3/20/2020.  

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2020

Hey Chris - Have you submitted a support ticket as Andy suggested above?

Bryan Orsmond March 22, 2020

Same issue - can move to Top or Bottom but cannot drag and drop. Also cannot drag to sprint

Chris Leonard March 23, 2020

This issue appears to be fixed as of Monday 3/23/2020 10:26 AM eastern.  I am now able to rearrange backlog again on next gen projects

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2020

Hi Eric - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Might be in a couple of places - the first is usually the culprit. If someone has updated the filter associated with the board to do an Order By other than Rank, (or perhaps the order by is missing) then it will not let you change the rank by dragging up or down.

The other one is that the Permission Scheme has a permission for Schedule issue. Check to see who can do that because that's what allows people to drag up and down.

I hope that helps!

Did not fix my problem, I gave everybody the permission to move tickets

0 votes
Sergiy Churzin August 15, 2023

Have the same problem now. I already checked project permissions - I have a permission for managing sprints, plus I change Filter Query for project to ORDER BY RANK ASC, but still can't move issues up and down in backlog - it gave me an error message

Screenshot_5.jpg

Can't find the solution myself, can someone here help? Maybe, there are some other preferences, that I should check?

0 votes
David Filonzi May 23, 2021

Hi I am still experiencing this issue.

I cannot drag issues from backlog to any other board in my classic project.. 

What would be the best way to solve this?

David Filonzi May 23, 2021

solved - edit workflow in diagram mode > click each board and check the box that says "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" > publish workflow

0 votes
Nicolas Sannier October 22, 2020

I am still experiencing this issue on my end even though JSWCLOUD-18831 is marked as resolved.

Please advise. 

Victor Rohlfs February 10, 2021

Still experiencing this issue as of Feb 10, 2021!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2021

Hi Victor - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You should open a new question in the community instead of adding to an existing and closed question. That way more people will see the issue. 

0 votes

Checking in with the issue as well. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm able to select Top of Backlog or Bottom of Backlog but manually moving doesn't work. I have a backlog review in 2 days. 

Come on Atlassian. 

Eric Gilbert March 21, 2020

Just curious.

What is a bcklog review? Specially for a product manager role.

Thanx

I go through each story with my dev team and talk about why we're doing it, the value added, and discuss any questions they have. Typically I prioritize the stories so we start at the top.

The outcome here is that the dev team knows the expectations, understands the business value, and can properly estimate the items.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

Have you put in a support ticket with Atlassian?

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events