Can't find board settings

Brecht Van der Meulen April 19, 2021

Hi there,

I want to change my quick filters in my board in Jira Software. Every article I check mentions a menu under 'more' with 'board settings'. Well... I can't seem to find this 'more' menu nor can I find 'board settings' anywhere else? (hereby a screenshot of my view). I'm the admin of the project.

jira issue.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

Business projects do not have board configurations, they derive all their "settings" from the project setup.  Business boards do not have the functions that Software boards do, they don't have quick filters, swimlanes/group-by etc.

You could, if you are a software user, create a software board that uses "project = <your business project> as the filter, and then work with that instead, but this project-locked board in your screen-shot simply doesn't have the function.

Brecht Van der Meulen April 19, 2021

Hi Nic,

THanks for the quick reply. 

Can I turn this business board into a software board then? 
I'm using the board for project management (non-software) but would like to be able to filter on 'label' for example in the kanban board. 

Best,

Brecht

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

No, the board is totally different to Software boards and there's no "convert".  If you converted the project to a Software project though, you'd get a software board created with it automatically.  (Convert actually means "create new project and move the issues into it).

But Software boards can be created to include business project issues as well, so if you created a Software board (you'll need to do it from a "company managed (classic)" project) you could amend that board to look at your business project

Rob Huijben January 11, 2022

This is a reason why business teams choose competitor software like Monday.com. There are so many reasons why business projects do need board configurations like @Brecht Van der Meulen asks for. For example:

• To display different statussen which actually CAN be set from multiple workflows (why are workflows with extra statuses even an option in business projects?).
  • To give a quick insight in project progress status.
  • To create personal boards with your own progress on non-software items.

There is no reason why board config should only exist in software projects. And then again, when I create a software project for business purpose, I get all the options I don't understand as a business manager.

Like Mike Laufer likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events