Can't create subtask from task (task is child issue)

Panji Gautama September 5, 2022

Hi Atlassian Team,

This morning somehow I can't create subtask within a task, the task itself is one of the child issue from User Story.

Any bug ? or workaround ?

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 09.55.32.png

1 answer

0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Panji Gautama ,

Welcome to the community !!

1. Issue appears for all users and all for projects ?
  2. Can you please check if there is any validator in the sub-task workflow ? And all the required fields are present on the create screen for sub-task issue type and filled while creating ticket 
  3. If this is something with only you or some users, then try in another browser or clear cache and retry in incognito mode. 

Please note: You cannot create sub-task under any sub-task issue type. Only relation is Parent --> Child.
Parent --> child --> Grand child relation doesn't work in Jira. 

yes im aware that subtask can't create any subtask under it. so current setup which has been working until today :

user story (parent) -> task (child) -> subtask

somehow this morning me & my team couldn't add any more subtask to all of the similar setup above, and got that warning.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

@Panji Gautama 
Can you please check if there is any validator in the sub-task workflow ? And all the required fields are present on the create screen for sub-task issue type and filled while creating ticket ?

hi @Rilwan Ahmed yes I can confirm all the required fields are present

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2022

@Panji Gautama 

1. Is the issue only with you or for users?
2. Is the issue only for a project sub-tasks OR for all other project sub-tasks too?
3. Did you try in incognito mode window or by clearing cache and relogin?

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events