Can't create new board

Martin June 7, 2022

I am in ORG_ADMIN role, but when trying to create new Kanban board that includes from one or more projects and location is another project I get no permissions error. 

Error

• You do not have permission to share. All shares are invalid.
  • The user 'User' does not have permission to share. The owner has not been changed.

Under Global PermissionsShare dashboards and filters jira-software-users and jira-administrators are listed.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin June 7, 2022

Managed to solve it myself. It turned out that for doing what I wanted had to also be in Jira Administrators role. With that I can also see groups under grant permissions. Just ORG_ADMIN isn't enough.

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi Martin - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Org Admins are not the same as Jira Admins. The Global Permissions are probably referring to Jira Administrators. 

Martin June 7, 2022

Hi John

I had Jira Administrators role before but still got same error. 
Also when trying to Grant Permission under Global Permissions we only have public option in Group.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Have you been able to share other things?  Are you possibly trying to share a Filter that uses a project that you do not have permissions to? 

Or are you trying to share with a group, but you are not in the group? 

In other words, can you give some more details of the exact steps you are trying? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events