Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can't create new board

I am in ORG_ADMIN role, but when trying to create new Kanban board that includes from one or more projects and location is another project I get no permissions error. 

Error

• You do not have permission to share. All shares are invalid.
  • The user 'User' does not have permission to share. The owner has not been changed.

Under Global PermissionsShare dashboards and filters jira-software-users and jira-administrators are listed.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Managed to solve it myself. It turned out that for doing what I wanted had to also be in Jira Administrators role. With that I can also see groups under grant permissions. Just ORG_ADMIN isn't enough.

1 vote
Answer accepted
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 07, 2022

Hi Martin - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Org Admins are not the same as Jira Admins. The Global Permissions are probably referring to Jira Administrators. 

Hi John

I had Jira Administrators role before but still got same error. 
Also when trying to Grant Permission under Global Permissions we only have public option in Group.

John M Funk Community Leader Jun 07, 2022

Have you been able to share other things?  Are you possibly trying to share a Filter that uses a project that you do not have permissions to? 

Or are you trying to share with a group, but you are not in the group? 

In other words, can you give some more details of the exact steps you are trying? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,877 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you