Can't create automation task if condition of assignee is empty or unassigned

Anthony Bryle Poncio April 17, 2020

I was trying to automate the assignee when they didn't put any on assign field.

But it seems it's a required field on JIRA although the placeholders says leave it blank if I want it to be unassigned or empty.

here's the screenshot:Screenshot from 2020-04-18 10-51-15.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2020

Hi Anthony - Have you tried putting in Empty?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2020

Actually, I am seeing/using a different parameter. For the If I am using the field for Assignee. Your's has User. 

assignee empty.png

Anthony Bryle Poncio April 18, 2020

Yes I did, but no luck, I tried hitting enter force it to be empty, no luck as well, I've tried unassigned doesn't work too. Tried all the obvious combination and unusual behaviors to make it work but it's not really working.

empty.png

Omg you're right, I don't know maybe because this is an outdated rule. All I need is to create a new one, then all the fields changed. Thanks I wouldn't have tried that if you haven't mentioned that

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2020

Great - glad I could help!

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2020

Can you click on the drop down and select unassigned?

There is no unassigned option in the drop-down

to see the whole picture, it's even mentioning the condition if user is unassigned. 

Screenshot from 2020-04-18 14-05-24.pngthen when I open the drop-down there is no unassigned option there

Benj Hingston March 22, 2023

I had issues with this today looking for `equals` `unassigned` or `Unassigned`. They've updated it to be `is empty` as an option.

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 9.56.54 AM.png

Like Caroline Allard likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events