Can't complete sprint because of subtasks marked as Cancelled

Monica Collins December 20, 2021

I have a user that is unable to complete a sprint.  He has two subtasks marked as canceled and they don't allow him to complete a sprint.  We do not want to delete the two subtasks, for historical purposes.  What would I need to change to get the two subtasks marked as done without actually setting them to done?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2021

Hi @Monica Collins ðŸ‘‹

Taking the words of the one and only @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- below...

It's because an issue has to be in the right hand column for it to be considered "done".

Best option is probably to put the cancelled status in the done column and create a quick-filter to hide it from the board. Even when hidden, it's still in the column, so you'll be able to close the sprint.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Monica Collins 

Your cancelled status is may not be mapped to the right-most column on the board; that is what Jira considers as "done" for a sprint.  Please see this posting for more details:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/cannot-complete-sprint/qaq-p/353940

Kind regards,
Bill

Monica Collins December 22, 2021

The user decided to create a different workflow.  Thanks.

Like • Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer