Can't chage the Reporter name

joao costa May 26, 2021

I have tried to do it by Bulk Change and individually.  I have Project Lead and project Administrator rights in JIRA.  When I tried to change using the Bulk approach, the Reporter shows a system generated String of numbers and characters.  When I tried to make the change individually, JIRA doe snot give me any user options neither accept any user that I type.  I tried different formats e.g. tim.smith, tim.smith@companyname.com. tim smith, @[deleted].smith

Nothing.  Can anybody help?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi @joao costa ,

please check that you are able to modify reporter in the related project permission scheme.

An user, in order to do that should have "Browse User" global permission and "Modify Reporter" project permission.

Hope this helps,

Fabio 

joao costa May 26, 2021

Hi Fabio,  thanks for your help.  Checked that and I have those permissions.  The investigation continues....

joao costa May 26, 2021

@Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  Ignore my last msg - this has worked.  Thank you for your help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events