Can't assign ticket to users

Silvia Marchena December 7, 2022

I'm unable to assign tickets or add their name in comments, this stopped working within the last 10 mins

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Silvia Marchena - This is likely the result of those individuals losing access to the project.  I would check:

• Are they part of a group that maybe just lost access to the project
  • Were they removed from a group that has access to the project

If you're in a hurry, you could manually add them to the project and then sort out the group membership problem later.

Hi @Mark Segall 

Thanks, we'll try this out!

Thomas Antensaye December 7, 2022

We're also having issues with this and our project settings haven't been changed. Could this be a Jira bug?

0 votes
Matty Gendron December 7, 2022

FWIW I am also having this issue, started happening in the last 15 minutes. Several users that have had access to our Jira project for years and years have suddenly vanished. 

I first noticed when I could not tag them in a comment or add them as a ticket watcher. Then I went into project settings > people and confirmed that dozens of users are missing.

I asked many coworkers about it and nobody has touched any user settings in a long time.

Matty Gendron December 7, 2022

We did not touch anything on our end and all missing users magically reappeared in said Jira project. I am not sure what happened but I assume there was a cloud data hiccup somewhere in the mix? 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What, exactly, are the symptoms of "can't assign"?  Can't find their names by starting to type them?  Assign issue link vanished?  Error message when trying to commit a change?

The usual problem here is a change of permissions that means you're not allowed to assign any more, but we can't be certain of that without knowing a bit more about what you're getting.

All users disappeared from the assign list, and they couldn't be tagged in the comments either.

With @ .. it rendered no users

The admin was 're-adding' each of us, but it seemed it says we were already part of "jira-software-users"

After that, all users magically reappeared. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events