Can't add the server ID for registering my Jira server

Sebastian Siegert November 17, 2020

Hi,

I'm currently trying to register the Jira Software with the Server ID found at System-->System Info. However, the server ID is not being accepted in my account so I can't view the license key. Is there anything I can do differently except from following the steps described in my Atlassian Account?

Regards
Sebastian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi @Sebastian Siegert 

What is the error that you receive?

• Invalid Server ID - Please try copying and pasting the Server ID directly from the product.

Though my server ID looks rather odd. The format doesn't fit. For obvious reasons I can't pass the real ID here but I'll change some letters number so that you can understand what I mean:
7aabcaf2-cbb0-44f9-9d68-3a9afgh6f62a

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Yup, it doesnt look right.. My server id is 4char-4char-4char-4char format.

Are you by chance looking at the build revision?

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2020
Like Sebastian Siegert likes this

Well, it is the Server ID, as far as I can tell. I have to check with the team that installed it, whether we can change the ID without breaking stuff.  

Server ID.PNG

Sebastian Siegert November 19, 2020

The server ID had to be changed, this was an error that occurred when we migrated from cloud to server. Thank you for the help.

Like Fazila Ashraf likes this
Manaswi Shimpi January 21, 2021

Can you tell me from where exactly i can fine server ID. after clicking on setting i get only 2 options cloud administration and licensing.

Anson Osbourne July 18, 2022

Hello,

We tried the suggestions illustrated in the following article ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/change-the-server-id-for-an-instance-of-jira-server-285839562.html ) but no changes were applied. If you can share any insight, it would be appreciated.

Best

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2022

@Anson Osbourne , by 'no changes were applied', do you mean that it still reflects the old server id in the page? was a restart done? Please share more details.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2022

@Manaswi Shimpi  , so sorry! I just saw your comment. I hope you got the solution that this instruction is for on-premise installs and not cloud much early!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events