Can other issue-types appear in the GreenHopper 'Epics' panel?

Alex Taylor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

Or to put it another way, what is it about the 'Epic' issue-type that tells GreenHopper to put it in this panel? It can't be its name, as I can rename 'Epic' to anything I like and it still works.

We have a need to set up two projects, one which uses an issue-type called 'Requirement' and one which uses 'Epic'. We would like to be able to have both issue-types show up in the 'Epics' panel on the Rapid Boards. Can it be done? :-)

We're on JIRA 5.2.4 and GreenHopper 6.1.1.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

Not possible, the code picks up just one issue type in the property entry tables.

Alex Taylor
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

Thanks, that's what I suspected :-(

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2014

Apologies for the necro-post, but if people are still interested (and still happy to wait), see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9455

I'd still avoid renaming epics to something else, but a change of description, inline translation and changing workflows are all ok now.

0 votes
Evgeniy Stepchenko March 14, 2013

Ok. Can we rename Epic for something else and assign custom workflow to it? Will it broke something?

0 votes
Matthew Rowen January 31, 2013

Are there any plans to fix this? We have a legacy project in Jira with issues that we'd like visible in the EPICs panel without having to convert the issues to the Epic issue type.

John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2013

This is by design, so I don't anticipate it being changed.

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

I can tell you that the magic numbers are stored in these property keys...

Alex Taylor
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

Sorry, I've no idea what I'm looking at there...

Suggest an answer