Can i change Kanban board to Scrum board?

Spyros Iordanopoulos October 8, 2019

I have a running project and i need to change the Kanban board to Scrum board. Is this possible or not?

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

Hi @Spyros Iordanopoulos 

Just created a new SCRUM board with the same filter as in your Kanban board.

Ravi

Would this affect the running project?

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2019

No, agile board is another layer on top of Jira Core. It provides additional functionality but if you remove the Kanban board and start using SCRUM board the Issue data and status will stay as it is.

Ravi

Ram April 13, 2021

Hi Ravi, once we create new scrum board then how can we move all issues, stories, bugs and epics etc. from Kanban to Scrum board?

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2019

Hi Spryros - No, you will need to create a new board based on the same filter and delete the current board. 

Katrina Denison January 28, 2020

Do you have to delete the current board? I saw in another thread some people use Kanban for planning and scrum for more in-depth tracking. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

No you can simply create a new board.

Like Katrina Denison likes this
Katrina Denison January 29, 2020

Thanks! 

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2019

One exception - in Cloud you can switch between Scrum and Kanban.

Really helpful. Thanks.

Suggest an answer