Can an advanced search bring all of the hierarchy from just the roadmap ticket number

stephen.hockey September 23, 2022

I need to run a query that would bring back all tickets that were in the hierarchy structure to a roadmap item from a single search.

I have the following structure, Roadmap > Epic > Story > Task > Subtask

I can obtain all the epics from entering the RM search and also if I put the stories in too this can work but this means constantly monitoring for new epics and stories

So what I need is a query where I simply put the roadmap number in and it fires every ticket under that from epic to subtask.

I tried this

issuekey in childIssuesOf("ABC-12345")

However the error states unable to find the JQL function.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hello @stephen.hockey 

Welcome to the community.

Currently there is not a native JQL function that will return all parents or all children up/down the extended issue hierarchy available when using Advanced Roadmaps. There is a change request for that feature:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-19543

Also note that childIssuesOf function should be replaced with 

portfolioChildIssuesOf

I got that info from this article.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-for-advanced-roadmaps-custom-fields-in-jql/

stephen.hockey September 26, 2022

portfolioChildIssuesOf works a treat!

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hi @stephen.hockey and welcome to the community!

You're close.  That JQL is specific to Data Center/Server version.  You'll want this instead:

issue in portfolioChildIssuesOf("ABC-12345")
stephen.hockey September 26, 2022

Thanks Mark - looks like I'd hit the bar :)  just tried yours and it works perfect - thanks very much!

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events