Can a kanban board's roadmap show the timeline for individual tasks as well as the Epic?

nadia.albayati May 25, 2022

I want to see the timeline for the main epic as well as the smaller breakdown of timelines with the due date for each task. Right now I only see the timeline for the Epic and not the individual tasks. Any advice?

3 answers

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2023

Yes in the year since this question was originally posted, new features have been released and the timeline for child task can now be added to the Basic Roadmap (aka Timeline) display for Software projects in the Free and Standard plans.

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2022

Hi @nadia.albayati

The other option is to install a plugin like BigGantt. The tool provides easy visualization on a timeline for every WBS element (epics, initiatives, stories, tasks, sub-tasks). 

Moreover, BigGantt supports project management in every phase, helps to plan, manage and track the projects. You can measure the progress not only on a single task level but also on a project or its phases level, visualize dependencies, and create what-if scenarios. 

If you have more questions, simply tag me. 
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

With the Standard Jira Cloud subscription you have only the Basic Roadmaps functionality. That allows you to see only the timeline for Epics.

You would need to upgrade to the Premium Jira Cloud subscription to get the Advanced Roadmaps functionality to see the timeline for child tasks. Or consider a third party app for your roadmap features.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events