Can I use the cloud migration tool and change the projects imported?

Ali Camlibel January 6, 2022

Hello, on our JIRA server application, we have plenty of projects, and we'd like to move them all to a single "Legacy" project since we are changing the structure in how we use JIRA.

Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2022

You won't be able to do any project consolidation using the Migration tool itself, any changes like this would need to be done by native/other Jira tools prior to using the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant

CCM

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @Ali Camlibel 

Welcome to the Community!!

You need to carry out this in server first using Bulk Move Issue Operation, but I'm not sure how you would audit the issue related to a specific team or project if you are going to move all the issues to a single place

I would suggest first creating a Custom field to recognize the Project name, bulk edit each Project to have the Project name, then perform the bulk move to have all the issues in the Single Project

Later you can do the migration

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders