Can I use a filter to create a custom field in a next gen project?

Andrew Cranston November 13, 2019

Hi I'm trying to do something which seems incredibly simple, and fairly straightforward but I don't see any option to accomplish it. 

I created a filter which lists all epics. I want to use this filter as the values for a custom dropdown field to add to the Story issue type screen on a next gen project - similar to the "Epic Link" dropdown I see is available on other project type screens.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that you would like to display a select list field in a next-gen project, where the possible selectable options would be Issues/Epics returned by a JIRA JQL filter. Did I get that right?

Unfortunately, JIRA does not have this kind of custom field yet, however, we clearly understand how useful this functionality would be in some scenarios. That being said, we created a feature request to get it implemented for JIRA Cloud:

Custom Field value defined by JQL 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, there are some third-party vendors that provide you some apps with that functionality, however, those apps are only available for JIRA server. I suggest you contact them directly with their marketplace link (Displayed in the feature request) and let them know of your interest in the Cloud Version of those apps.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer