Can I turn off auto-creation of users via sso?

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

I am running Jira Server 8.14.0 and have configured SSO using the miniOrange plugin. We are currently allowing access through an AD group and have set up the sync between AD and Jira.

The problem is that, when any user who isn't in the appropriate group navigates to the Jira URL, they are auto-logged in via SSO and a Jira internal directory account is created for them. Is there any way to turn this off?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Prakash Kumar February 16, 2021

@Matt Parks ,

Welcome to the Atlassian community. This is Prakash here from miniOrange,

It seems you're using  miniOrange Jira SAML SSO  Application.

Yes, you can disable auto-user creation. Please follow the below steps to disable it.

1. Navigate to the Advanced SSO tab of the plugin
  2. Turn off the auto user creation option 
  3. Save configuration

Please reach out to miniOrange at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or prakash@xecurify.com.

Kind regards,
Prakash

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

Prakash,

Thank you for the quick response. That was exactly what I needed to do.

Matt

Like Prakash Kumar likes this
Prakash Kumar February 16, 2021

Hey @Matt Parks ,

Thanks for accepting my solution :) 

If you need any assistance in the near future please reach out to me at prakash@xecurify.com or using the customer portal.

Kind regards,

Prakash

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events