Can I resotre my deleted project?

이현우 June 23, 2021

The deleted project name is pj-ops, and it was deleted on June 23rd in Korean time. Important issues are also erased together, so I want it to be restored. Is it possible?

3 answers

0 votes
Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 22, 2022

Rewind Backups for Jira Cloud provides the ability to restore deleted Projects (and other resources) even after they have been deleted from Trash.

Try it for free here: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226389/

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hi @이현우  - Check this KB - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/restore-a-project-from-trash/

You must have the Administer Jira global permission to restore projects from trash.

To restore a project: 

1. Choose Settings (gear icon) > Projects.
  2. Select Trash from the sidebar. 
  3. Find your company-managed project and select ••• > Restore
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

@Niranjan  Yeh  but i assumed he is Jira admin right if not then he needs to contact his JIRA  administrator

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hi @Moses Thomas - yeah. Restoring from server backup is what we do with server or DC installations, but with cloud there is a feature to restore it from trash. As you mentioned, Administer Jira global permission is must to restore the project.

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

@Niranjan  In cloud we have backs ups too . The reason i did not specifically mention Trash is because the projects along with its issues, components, attachments, and versions will be available in trash for 60 days after which, so it  is possible that the project is no longer in trash right ?

Kind regards,

Moses

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2021

@Moses Thomas Undertsood. @이현우 has mentioned that the project was deleted today and I believe that the project will be available in trash

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

@Niranjan  Yes :) he mentioned 23rd  OK

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

@이현우 

Firstly check the trash right and then ensure you are JIRA admin to also do restore, they are gone after 60 days,  if they are gone then you can also do it by restoring back up,  please check your backups and do the restore. 

Kind regards,

Moses

MTV Narendra - Network July 21, 2022

How can we restore backup if project is not available in Trash in Jira cloud ??

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events