• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I reorder the way the sprints appear in the backlog? Edited

Is it possible to adjust the way the sprints appear in the backlog?

At the moment it is shown in order of creation, not even on the startdate of the sprint.

I would like to order it on date or importance (when a start date is not created yet)

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Feb 06, 2018

You can’t reorder. Sprints are chronologically ordered. You fill the sprint based upon the order you wish to tackle. If say S1 is active now and you create S2 and S3 in the Backlog then S2 should be the next sprint you want to tackle. Note you can always rearrange the content between Backlog sprints by selecting all issues and drag-drop into another sprint. 

Thanks, that is a good work around!

Hi @Jack BrickeyI am creating multiple sprints (like 20 sprints) in one run using rest api . I can see that the id of the sprints were created sequentially like 100, 101, 102, 103 etc. But when i look into the board, they are not in order. For eg Sprint ID 102, Sprint ID 101, Sprint ID 103, Sprint ID 100 etc. I tried using the /rest/agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintId}/swap api, but irrespective of the number of ways i tried, reordering them in 100, 101, 102, 103.. is not happening. Using the swap api does do something, but i never understood what exactly it does. Appreciate your help in explaining if the swap api (/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/{sprintId}/swap) will work and if yes, how to make it work? And if not, then any alternative? 

Like Farina BP likes this

We are also experiencing the same issue, we have two active sprints and the second sprint is showing above the first. Checked the dates and any filters but not changed anything. Any clues?

Im facing the same issue. sprint 11 appears below 12, 13, 14 and only above the not-yet started 15.

I've experience this today as well. Somehow sprint 2 has been moved down below sprint 4 with all of its issues. No one knows how it happened so it is possible @jack 

Like Jack likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,922 views 6 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you