Can I force a custom field be updated before it is moved to a new column?

jim_bishop May 8, 2019

In old school JIRA, I had a rule in my workflow that kept a developer from moving a ticket from "in development" to "ready for review" unless they had added the link to the pull request in a custom field that was obfiscated by the name "GitHub Pull Request Link."

Is there ANY way to do this in next-gen JIRA projects? I created the custom field just fine, but when I went to add a rule to do this, my only options were to re-assign the ticket or add custom text to a field. 

This is the ultimate in nice to haves, but it sure would be ... nice to have.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2019

Hi @jim_bishop ,

I checked the roadmap for next-gen and didn't see anything like this. I also checked the open enhancement requests and didn't see anything specific to adding validators to a workflow. There are a couple of requests to add triggers and to edit workflows in general, but nothing like what you are looking for. 

I suggest raising a ticket with Atlassian Support at https://support.atlassian.com/  They will document your use case and add it to the list of enhancement requests. 

Not the answer you were hoping for, I know, but there it is. Hope it helps a little.

-Scott

Suggest an answer