Can I filter issues on attribute of an object I have in a custom field of the type Insight Object?

Micha March 20, 2018

I made a custom field with an Insight Object. This works fine. I can see the object in my issue in Jira.

There are some attributes on the object and I would like to filter issues in my project with a certain value in that attribute.

How can I do that?

Example:

Issue: KEY-1

Custom field: Object in Insight

Object attribute: Test

JQL: Filter on Test ????

I hope someone can help me!

1 answer

1 vote
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Hi Micha,

It's possible to do using the iqlFunction, described at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-user-s-guide/insight-jql-functions

That way you can use IQL to filter on the object values.

For more information on how to use IQL take a look at https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-user-s-guide/iql-insight-query-language

If you feel like this answered your question, please mark it as accepted :)

Cheers!
Alexander

primoz vampelj June 5, 2018

Hi I have the same problem and can't figure out how to set the iqlFunction to filter objects from another insight custom field from a specific issue. Could you please give us an example on how to do that.

Thanks.

Primoz

Micha June 5, 2018

I used this:
Entity in attributeValue(Material, "=", Chemicals)

So Entity is the name of my Custom Field, Material the name of the attribute of Insight and Chemicals the name of the referenced object in Insight. So:

Name custom field in attributeValue(Name of attribute, "=", Value attribute)

I hope this helps!

primoz vampelj June 5, 2018

Thank you very much for the example. I ended using Insight placeholders to achieve this functionality.

Define the Object Schema

Filter scope (IQL) was set to filter object type
    Example: objectType=CPU

Filter Issue Scope (IQL) was set to filter computers that are refrenced to that CPU
    Example: "Computer" IN ${customfield_12125} ,

I used the placeholder ${customfield_ID}, where you replace the ID with your specific custom field where you define the computer beforehand. I should add that Computer must be an object type tribute of CPU.

Doing things this way allows me to define the default value of the custom field. And not lose the field in a service desk screen if I change the Select Computer custom field. Plus I have the option to use Filter Assign Scope.

Hope this is useful for somebody.

Micha June 6, 2018

Nice!

Suggest an answer