Can I enable roadmap for classic project in the free plan?

Calvin Tanudjaja September 11, 2020

Hello Everyone,

I tried to activate the roadmap that is mentioned to be available on the classic project too.

According to this https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/enable-and-disable-the-roadmap-1004952906.html , I need to change some board settings which I cannot found in my project page.

2020-09-11 18_05_24-Test - Jira.pngThen based on the notice at the top ( https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-filters/ ), I need to configure filters which I need to be:

• project administrator for the location of the board

• board administrator for the board itself

For free plan, does everyone in the group is basically a administrator?

Please help me on this as I think I need the roadmap features.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

Hi Calvin - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I see nothing in the documentation to suggest that Roadmaps would not be available for Free versions. 

You must be a Board Administrator for the board where you want to initiate the Roadmap.

1. Go to the board.

2. Click on the ellipsis menu (3 dots) and select Board Settings.

3. Click on Roadmap on the left hand side.

4. Click on Enable Roadmap

Calvin Tanudjaja September 13, 2020

Hello John, thank you for the welcome greetings.

I just found out that the problem is not with the board settings but with the project template. I am using business project template rather than software development template. I think that's why for the business project board there is no settings like the software development project board.

I solved the problem with creating new project using software development template and I can use the roadmap features!

Thanks!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2020

Awesome! I am glad you are up and running!

sai chinamuthevi April 15, 2021

hi @John Funk 

we have installed advanced roadmap plugin in our sandbox but we are not able to see the roadmap option in my kanban board and its data center please help me 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2021

Hi Sai - Please post a new question so more people will be able to see it. I don't use data center so I am probably not going to be much help.  :-(

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events