Can I Setup and use JIRA in my organization for life time free?

Umamahesh August 25, 2022

Iam planning to implement JIRA in my organization for defect tracking and Project management, Can I Setup JIRA trail version in one of the VM in my organization and can use the tool free for life time? if So what is the procedure?

Thanks

Umamahesh

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you had asked this two years ago, the answer would be "yes".  You could install it and run it, get a year's licence, and that would be "perpetual" - after it expires, you would not get any support, and you couldn't upgrade to new releases, but the service will keep working fine.  I know of hundreds of Jira servers running like this.

But, Server is going away, and Atlassian stopped all sales of new server licences ages ago, you can only renew existing ones up to the end of life (Feb 2024)

You can only commission Cloud or Data Center services now, and both of them have ongoing payment models - they stop working if you don't renew the licence.

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

In short: you can't.  Jira is either a cloud hosted product, or a paid data center version.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events