CSV import - markdown description fail

Deleted user July 7, 2021

We are evaluating migrating from Clubhouse.io to JIRA. Migrating Clubhouse.io stories via CSV to JIRA seems to go quite smooth.

However, the description field formatting does not import correctly. The Clubhouse exported CSV formats the description field as markdown. This is not correctly imported in JIRA:

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 15.13.19.png

(left shows the broken JIRA description after import, right shows original Clubhouse description)

How can I fix this in automated fashion? I'd like to avoid having to manually fix the description of 100s of issues.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 7, 2021

It seems that JIRA markup natively uses some variant of Textile markup. One path I want to explore is to convert the markdown descriptions to JIRA markup. Found a few tools which claim to enable this:

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

I have never attempted to import formatted text or rather concern myself with any results. Most of my imports are simply to retain basic historical data. I found this issue that might be related - JRACLOUD-73508 

maybe others have had more direct experience with importing formatted data and will chime in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events