Burndown chart on story points for distributed issues

Filippo Ferri March 20, 2018

Hi,

my question is about the possibility of creating a burndown chart based on story points for "distributed" issues, meaning that these issues are not in the same "sprint" or bucket and can be part of different epics.
They all have in common a label, would it be possible to create a unique burndown for them?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Yugank Bhatnagar March 20, 2018

In your existing Board or creating new board->Configure Board-?General->Edit filter query to include JQL which meets your requirement. The burndown chart should be updated based on your filter results.

Filippo Ferri March 22, 2018

Thanks, but there's another issue.
The problem is that the stories are in different buckets (aka Sprints) and the burndown refers to one sprint only, as far as I understand, and I can't delete the Sprint field cause they are visualized in other boards.

Do you have any suggestion?

Yugank Bhatnagar March 23, 2018

As I believe the story can be part of only one active sprint, it may have been part of other sprints in the past. You may consider clearing the Sprint value through Bulk edit after search for issues which are not part of open sprints. There is is an ongoing issue related to it for clearing Sprint fields. (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-10548) So please research before you perform any action. Try doing in test env.

Thanks

Suggest an answer