Bulk transitioning Status changes unique client IDs to the same ID

Mal Wood June 18, 2021

Hello all,

When I import issues, I want to batch transition them all from New to Acknowledged. However, when I do this a custom field we have called Client ID, which is unique for every issue, all change to the same client ID as the first issue created (the first row in the CSV).

Because of this, my team and I must either:

1. Flip each individual issue to Acknowledged

2. Manually change the Client ID back to the correct ID

Is there any way around this? How can I batch transition my issues without changing other fields.

Thank you in advance!

Malissa

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

The question I would have is why is the client ID changing at all. Are you changing it in the bulk transition? If you were to set the client ID during that transition then I could understand it. Otherwise I would say the transition is setting it via post function or there's some automation involved here that is doing so.

Mal Wood June 21, 2021

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the response. I should have been more clear. When I bulk transition the tickets, there is a field for client ID and it auto fills with a client ID (I thought it was the first but when I just tested it out, it's the last) from the CSV file. This client ID is then copied to all of the tickets I am transitioning. I'm not sure how I am able to keep the client ID from changing while bulk transitioning.

Here is a screenshot of the transition modal:

Malissa

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.36.19 AM.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

I’m not where I can test this out at the moment. However one thing I’m wondering is whether you have a default value set for that field or not. I don’t recall ever seeing select list indicating any value when I was doing a bulk edit. I may be mistaken but I have no clue as to what that value would be unless it was a default value.

Mal Wood July 2, 2021

Hi Jack,

We do not have a default value set for this. Not all tickets that come in have a client ID. I have no clue how to get around this while bulk editing.

Malissa

Suggest an answer