Bug Issue - Priority Value field - options 0, -1, -2, ...........

Linda Marshall April 29, 2021

Hi,

Can someone tell me what the values in the Priority Value field on a Bug Issue means, please?  Selectable values for me are from 0, -1, -2 onwards.

I've looked for help in documentation and can't find anything relevant.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Linda Marshall 

The Jira admins can control which priority schemes are being used per project. So it's up to the admins and project admins to decide what are the priorities mean as some teams would like to go by numbers, as you have mentioned but other would prefer to have High,Medium,Low or T-shirt sizes type of scale. 

You can read more about the schemes here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/associating-priorities-with-projects-939514001.html

Thanks, Peter

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi, @Linda Marshall !

I agree with @Peter Bengov , just want to add a bit: 

It is possible configure custom priority scheme just for your's team project, if it will be correct for all organisation. 

For example, in my company about 150 different teams that involved in software development - and of course all that teams use the similar priority scheme to be able to compare issue and create global plans. 

Also we have some small teams, that don't involved in global company processes - they using simply and comfortable for them priority scheme. 

So ... it depends ... 

Good luck! 😉

Thanks, Alexander

Suggest an answer