Boards tab not showing when any user logged in

Hi,

When I login into Jira, I could not found BOARDS tab in top.  My other instance is showing it, what should be the problem?

2 answers

It is for all users including admin user.  Admin user is associate with Jira-Administrator group.  Also license not expired.

User profile for ASSOCIATE ASSOCIATE
admin
megh.staging@gmail.com
Count: 203
Last: Today 9:28 PM

jira-administrators
jira-software-users
JIRA Software
JIRA Internal Directory Edit Actions

0 vote

If no user can see the Boards item in the navigation menu, there are two possible causes:

1. None of the users have Application access to Jira Software  OR
  2. The Jira software (aka Jira Agile / Greenhopper) plugin has not loaded up in this instance.

I would still recommend checking the application access, but if that is not the problem, then likely the plugin did not startup when Jira last started for some reason.

You could try to restart Jira to see if this helps, however if this still does not resolve this issue, I'd recommend taking a look at the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log during this startup in order to understand if/why this plugin might not have started.

It's a fairly common problem to see plugins fail to load up during starting in Jira server deployments when the server is under resourced for the size of your Jira environment.   I'd recommend checking out JIRA applications System Plugin Timeout While Waiting for Add-ons to Enable for more details.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,141 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot