Boards tab not showing when any user logged in

Nitin Patel January 5, 2018

Hi,

When I login into Jira, I could not found BOARDS tab in top.  My other instance is showing it, what should be the problem?

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018
Nitin Patel January 7, 2018

It is for all users including admin user.  Admin user is associate with Jira-Administrator group.  Also license not expired.

User profile for ASSOCIATE ASSOCIATE
admin
megh.staging@gmail.com
Count: 203
Last: Today 9:28 PM

jira-administrators
jira-software-users
JIRA Software
JIRA Internal Directory Edit Actions

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

If no user can see the Boards item in the navigation menu, there are two possible causes:

1. None of the users have Application access to Jira Software  OR
  2. The Jira software (aka Jira Agile / Greenhopper) plugin has not loaded up in this instance.

I would still recommend checking the application access, but if that is not the problem, then likely the plugin did not startup when Jira last started for some reason.

You could try to restart Jira to see if this helps, however if this still does not resolve this issue, I'd recommend taking a look at the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log during this startup in order to understand if/why this plugin might not have started.

It's a fairly common problem to see plugins fail to load up during starting in Jira server deployments when the server is under resourced for the size of your Jira environment.   I'd recommend checking out JIRA applications System Plugin Timeout While Waiting for Add-ons to Enable for more details.

Suggest an answer