Board Backlog: Create issue not setting component based on board

Rob Shaw July 25, 2017

Under a board backlog the inline create issue is not setting component based on the board filter. 

For other boards (and this one until last week) creating an issue from the backlog would apply the right componenet values so the issue would appear in the backlog. For some reason this board stopped behaving this way. 

1. Checked Filter 
  2. Re-indexed Project
  3. Board is single project
  4. Checked board setting to ensure columns had right values

All other boards in the project are behaving as expected. 

I am Stumped? 

5 answers

1 vote
Evangelos Vrocharis December 18, 2018

For everyone else that is looking for what is causing this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-14728

It has to do with a component name not being unique, i.e. other projects having similarly named components.

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2018

Rick,

The only way i was able to create an issue with the correct component selected is by using the create issue option at the end of the backlog task list.

it seems that the create window is not linked in any way with the context of the screen, i don't know if it's a bug or by design.

from my point of view, it is ok the current behaviour but you can submit a feature request and let atlassian and the community decide :D

Rick Carini March 12, 2018

Thanks, @Gaston Valente, but that is where it is not working for us.  We have to manually enter in the Component after we have used the Create issue option at the bottom of the backlog task list.

0 votes
Rick Carini March 5, 2018

Was a solution or a Bug opened regarding this?

We are also seeing this problem with every Kanban board that is being generated from a Filter with component selected.

Thanks!

Rick

0 votes
Alexander Kern August 31, 2017

Robert and Gaston

I have the same problem. Until recently our Kanban Board behaved as expected (values for set quick filters were added to new stories). 

Now none of the quick filters set values. 

Have you found a solution for this?

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Robert, are you using scrum or kanban?

The filter has one o more components?

Rob Shaw July 26, 2017

Kanban & the Board Filter has a single component

Suggest an answer