Block deleting or update work log

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

Hi

I hope someone here can help ... I dont know if I am missing something. But is there a permission or a way to restrict users from deleting their or other work logs on issues?

We would like to implement a process for users to log work on jira issues but want to restrict them updating it or deleting it.

Thank you
Yatish

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Abhay Gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2022

@Yatish Madhav , you can manage this from the Permission Scheme for your project. In the Permission Scheme, you will find permissions for Time Tracking that allows to restrict editing or deleting work logs for certain project roles.

Below is a snapshot:

jira-permissions-time-tracking.png

Hope it helps!

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2022

@Abhay Gupta  I feel like such a noob! :D I was looking at the global permissions and not the project permissions/permission schemes just a few minutes ago! I was wondering and posted this too quickly! lol

Thank you for the answer, it helps and hopefully it will help other people too! 

Thanks again
Yatish

Like Abhay Gupta likes this
Abhay Gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2022

Haha! I myself would be a noob if you had posted this few weeks ago... lol!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events