Best way to capture customer and products across projects?

Ana-Rita Silva February 22, 2021

Hi! 

We have several projects (some next-gen, some classic) at our company. I'd like to be able to filter on customer name and/or product across these projects. 

The dropdowns and checklists have a limit to the amount you can list so I started testing out labels by naming the label  "product" and "customer" when configuring my issues. I then created a dummy ticket in the project and entered our customer names and product names into these fields to create labels. I was able to create these in the next gen projects but they are considered independent at a global search level *face palm*

Any suggestions here? 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Hi @Ana-Rita Silva,

I understand your face-palm sentiment. While next-gen projects are really easy to set up, they unfortunately are not supporting cross-project search and reporting. Your observation is correct: fields you define in next-gen projects are specific to that single project only.

If you want to search and report across multiple projects, classic projects are the way to go. Custom fields are shared across projects there, so that should solve your issue.

If you would consider migrating your next-gen projects to classic, read this support article on that topic first, so you get a good idea of what you can expect and need to keep in mind. 

Ana-Rita Silva February 23, 2021

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your time and for pointing me in the right direction!

Going to roll up my sleeves and move these over. 

All the best! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events