Automtion for Jira Plugin not working properly

Dinesh_Kopparthi August 25, 2022

I have recently installed the Automation for Jira Plugin(v 8.0.3) in our Jira (Data Center).
I was able to create the below project rule 

image.png

But when I go in to the project and create issues the automation rule is not getting triggered

image.png

No matter how many issues I create in the project the audit log stays the same.
Also, some other issues I am facing are:

• not being able to disable a rule 
  • not able to publish changes made to an existing rule

I have tried creating a global rule as well to see if anything changes, but no use.

I am not sure if it is something to do with the plugin configuration or our Jira configuration

Kindly provide your valuable suggestions 

1 answer

3 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Dinesh_Kopparthi ,

Welcome to the community !!

1. Did you upgrade automation for Jira plugin from versions 7.2 or below to 8.0.3 ? IF yes, then you need to modify few things as mentioned in https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/upgrading-to-automation-for-jira-7-3-or-later-1055951956.html
  2. If you installed new plugin and not upgraded from old version, then please log out from Jira, login back and retry the action. Please check the screen and logs to see if any errors are thrown. 
Dinesh_Kopparthi August 26, 2022

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed

Thank you for your response

The thing with this Plugin is that it was previously installed in our Jira in 2018 and later it was uninstalled. Now I have installed it again on v8.0.3. So I'm really sure on which category my problem falls in to. 

I have also tried the second option but the issue persists. When I have checked the logs I have found that the people who installed it previously also faced the same problem, as there is no other status on logs other than config change.

image.png

The entire logs are having the same status

Suggest an answer