Automation to update a subtask custom field when status changes

Karin Schultz August 23, 2022

Hi,

This is my first attempt to automation in Jira and I have been trying to figure out this seemingly simple automation, but can't make it work.

Here is what I need it to do:

When the status of a subtask (and any other issue type) changes from Open to In Progress

Then change value of custom field "Health" to Green.

My rules currently look like this:

Automation1.PNGAutomation2.PNG

What am I missing?

3 answers

0 votes
Karin Schultz August 24, 2022

That is so weird. It suddenly started working! There was nothing in Audit log when I tested it yesterday and this morning there was a bunch! There must have been a delay in publishing the rule?

Thank you for your responses!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hi Karin,

What is not working with it? Do you get an error? Does it not fire? What does the Audit Log say?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Great - glad it is working for you now!

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2022

HI @Karin Schultz - On the surface nothing looks wrong.  Can you please share a screen shot of the audit log for that rule?

Karin Schultz August 26, 2022

It's working now. There was nothing in the log when at the end of the day even though I tested it several times. When I checked the next day the log was filled with events! Maybe there was a delay in publishing...

Thanks for everyones help!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events