Automation status change based on due date

Carina Elles December 5, 2022

Hello!

I need the issue status to be changed based on he due date filed. I wanted to implement this with the Automation for Jira plugin. I found this article in the community. 

Solved: Automation status change based on due date (atlassian.com)

However, I can't perform the answer of @Ilya Konovalov , because I can't select due date in Issue Field condition.

Does anyone have an idea?

4 answers

0 votes
Carina Elles December 6, 2022

Hello,

today I received the following message.

I can confirm that the system field "Due Date" as "Issue fields condition" is not selectable in Data Center. While I could not find any documentation on this, I was able to recreate this in another customer system. Only in the cloud is the "Due Date" available for selection at this point.
As a workaround, you can set up a "JQL condition" instead of an "Issue fields condition". As JQL you could then store for example the following:

duedate <= endOfDay()

But with this variant I get the following message in the audit log.

2022-12-06_09h37_16.png

Does anyone have another great idea? I just want when the due date is overdue, that the transaction changes to open status and the due date is deleted.

best regards

Carina

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

@Carina Elles ,

Check you have the Schedule Issue Permission for the respected project.

Permission is set.

2022-12-05_14h11_44.png

Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2022

@Carina Elles ,

Can you Share the Screenshot of automation rule of Issue Field Condition How it looks for you.

Here is the screenshot for ref

Issue Field Condition.png

Hello @Sachin Dhamale

I hope here you can see everything as I click.

I do not have a Due Date or in German Fälligkeitsdatum.

2022-12-05_15h36_45.gif

0 votes

Hello @Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk

The due date is included in all masks.

2022-12-05_10h48_50.png2022-12-05_10h48_22.png

0 votes
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2022

Hey @Carina Elles 
My first question would be - is the "Due date" field added to issue view and to the screen that is used when the automation is running? [create/ edit or transition].
If the answer is yes - are you making sure that there the field is not empty?

Hello @Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk,

all operations that are not in the Fixed status have a Due Date.

2022-12-05_10h55_17.png

The automation should change the status from "Risk Accepted" to "Open" once the due date has passed.

2022-12-05_10h58_28.png

Suggest an answer