Automation status change based on due date

Ilya Konovalov December 24, 2021

Hello!

I need the issue status to be changed based on he due date filed.

for example: I need a certain ticket (not a jql list of issues) to be reopened on 17.32 of 31st of December (or in any other date that I manually set). 

I went through community and tried to google it and I managed to find this thread:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Automation-of-status-change-based-on-due-date/qaq-p/1195325

It was suggested to use this addon: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211836/automation-for-jira-server-lite?hosting=server&tab=overview

The only issue is that it's for server jira while we're using cloud jira... 

The only function I need is to schedule the issue to be reopened - could you please suggest a free cloud addon allowing to reopen the issue at a manually set time?

Additionally I need to set the date and the time, for example 17.32, 18.48, 23.59, etc.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2021

Hello @Ilya Konovalov ,

For cloud it was by default enabled. 

Can you please go to the below path on your project ->

1. Go to Project 

2. Project settings

image.png

from the above, you can create automation rules within the project.

Thanks,

Kagithala Babu Anvesh

Ilya Konovalov December 24, 2021

Thank you!

Could you please suggest how should I do this? 

I don't see the trigger that will follow the date in "due date" filed. I was only found the trigger to to be fired when I edit this field,  while I need it to be fired on a the date set in this field.

João Carlos Montanha Zurobski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2021

Hi Ilya

I simulated one automation in my environment and provided it below:

In this automation when the Due Date field was changed:

1.png

And the due date is after the start date:

2.png

Here you can choose the fields:
- Fields
- Timeframe
- Date time

3.png4.png

And when the result of the condition meets the rule, it will be transferred to TO DO:

5.png

This is how it works: The issue is closed (implemented), and the due date is later than the start date, so when I changed the value this issue went back to TO DO.

6.png7.png

It's just an example, but you can customize it as you like. 🤝

But it should be noted that with this automation applied to a global rule, they will consume their execution limits, this applies to
Multiproject and global consumption.
Project-specific does not consume, it is unlimited.
Below, I provide the explanation and related documentation.

Automation for Jira Cloud
In Jira Cloud, automation functionality is included out-of-the-box. However, there are limits to how many times rules can be executed per month, depending on which plan you’re on:
Free plan: There is a limit of 100 executions for all global and multi-project rules.
Standard plan: There is a limit of 500 executions for all global and multi-project rules.
Premium plan: There is a limit of 1,000 executions per user per month, pooled across all users and products. For example, if you have 200 users in your Jira Cloud Premium license, then you’ll have a limit of 200,000 global/multi-project rule executions per month.
Automation for Jira Cloud

Below I provide some knowledge databases related:

Have an awesome day! 

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2021

I'd implement it like this:

1. Add a date picker type custom field called "Re-open date"
  2. Then implement an automation rule:
    1. Use the JQL trigger and execute it in every hour
    2. Use the JQL that will search for those issues that has a re-open date passed:
      "Re-open date" < now() and status != "To Do"

3. Add a action that transitions the resulted issues to "To Do"

I haven't tried it, but even if it is imperfect, at least it should give you the idea.

Like # people like this
Ilya Konovalov December 30, 2021

Thank you Aron! 
That's  what I needed! :) 

Unfortunately, the reply from João wasn't what I needed as it would trigger the issue when the due day filed is changed while I need it it to be checked when the condition due date < actual date is True.

But I appreciate the help from all of you! Thank you very much and have a happy new year

Like Daniel Vargas Llopis likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events