Automation of status change based on due date

Mario Bumbera October 4, 2019

Dear all,

I would like to have my KANBAN automatically changed the status from IN PROGRESS to DELAYED once the due date is reached. 

I went through dozens of topics here and basically I understand that I shoudl design my workflow in that way or install a plugin.

I have now the global admin access rights, but when I try to create a new transition I have this pop up.Untitled.png

Moreover, I do not know which transition I should choose as e.g. Pull request created does sound familiar to me.

If the workflow is not solution in my case, what plug in should I choose and how should I installl it?

thanks a lot mates

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi Mario - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You receive the message on the workflow because you are probably trying to add a transition to a status that doesn't already have an outflow. It's just a quirk within the tool.

To make the change to add the transition in this case, you will need to make a copy of the Workflow, make your changes on the new Inactive workflow and then attach the new workflow to the same scheme where the current workflows is located.

As far as doing the auto transition, you will need a plug in like JMWE or Automation for Jira (we use both) or ScriptRunner. 

1 vote
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Mario Bumbera ,

with the help Automation of Jira you will able to set automation rules that will change status based on due date breach.

Thanks,

Avinash

natalia_lezhai May 18, 2020

hi

what are the steps for automation though?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Hello

Welcome to the community. For answering your other part of the question, we use escalation services provided by script runner to auto transition issues after a certain number of days.

You can follow the procedures in this document for installing the application.

Generally you get a 30 day evaluation period in which you can understand the plugin and decide to buy it.

0 votes
erick.mirandamarquez@telefonica.com October 4, 2019

Hello, exist many ways to get this warning, which is a bug that I thought was resolved. One of the common errors is that you have some tab open with this workflow pending to publish.

If you need more details, check the post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/You-cannot-perform-this-operation-on-a-draft-workflow/qaq-p/133114

Suggest an answer